Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Confused and out of control

8:23 As he got into the boat, his disciples followed him.42 8:24 And a great storm developed on the sea so that the waves began to swamp the boat. But he was asleep. 8:25 So they came and woke him up saying, “Lord, save us! We are about to die!” 8:26 But he said to them, “Why are you cowardly, you people of little faith?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it was dead calm. 8:27 And the men were amazed and said, “What sort of person is this? Even the winds and the sea obey him!”


I was reading in Matthew one morning and it was just so amazing that this passage was next up on my devotional. I've already been throuhgh this a couple of times in my life, but as things are with God, He will always find a way to speak to us when we come before Him. I was going through confusing times in my life, though I refused to admit it. And this passage didnt shine on me out of some clouds. It simply spoke.

Many of us experience a lot of fear and very hard times too painful to mention but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Many also tell us that its no big deal because it will just pass. Many will tell us that its just a phase and many other reasons to belittle the hardship that we were facing. They might have been through those hardships, but we're
IN it...So those advise might help...but only this passage made me hang on. It reminds me that despite my confusion and feeling so insecure and out of control, there is a God who is powerful to freeze time and space if He wills it. But best of all this God is in control and this God knows what I'm going through. He didnt tell me to just get over what I'm going through...He simply told me to trust Him because He can do what I can't. All I needed to do was call.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]