Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How do I number my days aright?

February 14, 2009
Psalm 90

Teach us to number our days aright
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

(v12)

Life is too short. Will I be able to do the assignment
God has given me?
How do I number my days aright?
- v1-6:
by seeing my life compared to God's eternal existence
by seeing my life compared to God's time frame (ratio-> 1000:1 day)


I really want to be able to do the assignment
God has given me by the time my time is up.
I'm still not sure what it precisely is though.
Is it just one thing? Or is it the many things that
He has given me right now? Or are they going to
be things that have yet to come? Either way, I know
that by obeying God, seeking His will, and numbering
my days aright, I know I won't miss it, even though
the assignment is not that clear as of the moment.

How do I want to live my life in this short span of years?
Will it be:
1. In fear and under God's anger?
"We are consumed by Your anger and terrified by
Your indignation. You have set our iniquities before
You, our secret sins in the light of Your presence.
All our days pass away under Your wrath; we
finish out years with a moan." v7-9
2. Or in joy and gladness?
"Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing
love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all
our days. Make us glad for as many days as
You have afflicted us, for as many years as we
have seen trouble." v14-15

I would very much love to live my days under number 2.
But how? How can I sing for joy and be glad all my days?
By God satisfying me with His UNFAILING LOVE.
So I should live everyday with His unfailing love in my heart.
Always remembering all the deeds, all the wonderful things
the Lord has done in my life. How He saved me. How He
pulled me out of the pit. How He keeps me. How He hears
me. How He takes care of me. How He put me through college.
How He has shown the work of His hands in my family.

(v16-17)

How do I number my days aright?

By Living in His Love.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]